‘അഭിയും ബാലുവും’ (A’n’B) ഇതാ അവരുടെ ഒരു സുഹൃത്തിനൊപ്പം. സുഹൃത്തിനെ നിങ്ങള്ക്കറിയുമെങ്കില് താഴെ comment-ല് പറയാം.
PS: ഇദ്ദേഹം ഒരു അതിഥി താരം മാത്രമാണ്…
അഭിയും ബാലുവും എന്റെ നല്ല രണ്ട് സുഹൃത്തുകളാണ്. ഇരുവരും Engineering വിദ്ധ്യാര്ഥികളാണ് അതിലുപരി എന്നേക്കാള് നല്ല വിക്കി പ്രവര്ത്തകരും. അപ്പോള് ഇനി ഞാന് വിക്കിയേ പറ്റി പറയുന്നതിനേകാള് നല്ലതു അവര് പറയുന്നതല്ലേ ? ഇനി കുറച്ചുകാലം അവര് സംസാരിക്കട്ടേ….
As part of a project, I was in need of the map of the area. I went to panchayath office and village office, but the result was negative. The map which they gave and the format was not useful for me. Thus I decided to prepare it using Softwares. I installed Qgis and Google earth. Qgis was heavy for me to study in limited time. Also the lack of high resolution image from google earth (google earth’s pro can give you) resulted in my failure. But I was to not ready to gave up. I thought of alternate way and ended up in inkscape (the one which I know) I have described the way i have done it.
I am thankful to my sir George Basil (IIT Delhi), Manoj K Mohan, Jaisen Nedumpala for their help and advices.
I strongly recommend you use a GIS software for greater accuracy and easiness.
1. Obtain a screen shot of the required area from google earth file > Save As…
2. Open inkscape import the image file > import
3. Create layers Layer > Add layer / (shift+ctrl+L)
4. Lock the basic layer with our image by clicking the lock symbol i the side dialogue box
5. Use Bezier Curve tool to Trace the areas like land, pond etc. Use Node tool to adjust if neded. Adjust colour and opacity)
6. Lock the layer and add another layer. Say “Water”. Use Calligraphy Tool for tracing roads and rivers. It is preferred to have some tremor for rivers and streams. and for Roads adjusting the width can indicate different types of roads.
7. After all layer is traced, off the other layer to get the needed layer. From this use can get an individual map for roads, rivers, land area, and others if you use the layer function effectively.
Nb: Use of drawing aids can give you more accuracy.
8. Index the map using text tool.
I’m very happy in the release of myfest.in. Its my friend Ershad‘s hobby project.. Moreover it is First logo designed by me which is being used by a second party in the e-world. And to add extra sweetness to my joy it was first used for my dear friend, guide, adviser, (and much more than words can explain) Ershad’s project. Thanks dear.. Thanks a lot.. 🙂 It was he who showed me the path of vector designing and logos. It was he who showed me inkscape. Here are some of his words regrading the site.
“”” I’m very happy to release my little hobby project myfest.in, a place where you can find and share campus fests across India. The backend is written in ruby using Ruby on Rails framework and I’ve been having a nice time developing it for the last few weekends
The initial spark to build it was from the experience that I’ve been going to campus fests in Kerala and realized the necessity for a simpler way of sharing the information regarding fests. Many times I’ve seen students from other states (like from Rajasthan and Haryana) attending the fests in Kerala and I wondered how they got the necessary information. Most of them told they either got a personal invitation or came to know about fest from some website. I thought about the thousands of students who were missing the opportunities because they didn’t come to know about it on time. Also I’ve seen some campus fests without much of an outside participation. They were not able to promote the fest to interested students. I wanted to make a little solution for this and hence built myfest.in. Thanks to Arjun for the myfest.in logo “””
Read full from his blog [>]